Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Our First Day of School!

Joe's First Day of School 2012-2013 Picture!  (I wish he would smile when I try to take his picture!)

Charlotte and Bridget's First Day of School 2012-2013 picture.  Don't they look sweet?  That's because I BEGGED them not to stick their tongues out at me while I was taking the picture!

Of course they had to also have a picture taken while doing their super hero poses!

After taking their pictures I gave each of the children their new pencil cases (I had them personalized at The Learning Express).  They were so thrilled with their new pencil cases and school supplies!  It is amazing how a few pencils and a new set of crayons can make my children so happy!




The ceremonial ringing of the school bell.  I gave everyone a chance to ring our little school bell.  It was a HUGE hit!  I think I may have to let everyone have a turn at ringing daily.


Charlotte took the bell ringing VERY seriously!

When Joe got tired of his school work I gave him an "A" is for "Ant" sensory bin that I made with things I found at the dollar store (the dollar store may be my new go to spot for sensory bins).  He spent A LOT of time taking the rocks in and out of the bin and making the ants climb in and out, making the ants eat leaves, etc. 
I am so thrilled to say that our first day of school was a success!  Ever since we made the decision to home school I have been toiling away at putting together a curriculum for each of the kids.  (I know Joe is too young for school but he loves his numbers and letters and gets very upset when I work with the girls on school if he is not included!)  We had a wonderful day and all of the kids worked very hard and very well.  It didn't hurt that I told that that we could bake "first day of school" cookies if they tried really hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment